Friday, September 21, 2018

A year in the making...

I finally. Finished. It.


My goal was to complete this brick stitch project before Battle on the Bay so I could display it on their "A Year in Display" table. I'll probably put my first brick stitch project on their "Novice Attempts" table:



While the brick stitch is basically done, I still need to work on turning it into a book cover as I had intended.

This project was started around the endish of 2017, and I would estimate it took about 90 hours of work, 20-30 skeins of cotton embroidery floss, two pairs of scissors, and four embroidery needles. (I have a habit of bending those.) And one Ciosa.

Here's the close-up of one diamond, to give an idea of how many stitches went into this piece:



Pictures to follow of the completed book cover!

- C.

No comments:

Post a Comment